“Exposure to literature,” the researchers write in the Creativity Research Journal, “may offer a (way for people) to become more likely to open their minds.”"
- Laura Lamont’s Life in Pictures / Straub, Emma
- The Middlesteins/ Attenberg, Jami
- A White Wind Blew /Markert, James
- The Hobbit/ Tolkien, J.R.R. (re-read)
- The Movement of Stars: A Novel/ Brill, Amy
- Who by Fire: A Novel by Diana Spechler
- Wherever You Go: A Novel / Leegant, Joan
- The Gods of Heavenly Punishment: A Novel / Epstein, Jennifer Cody
- Moving Waters /Rosett, Racelle
- A Wedding in Great Neck /McDonough, Yona Zeldis
- The Fun Parts/ Lipsyte, Sam
- The Casual Vacancy /Rowling, J.K.
- Nicholas Nickleby / Dickens, Charles
- Penelope /Harrington, Rebecca
- How to Be a Woman /Moran, Caitlin
- Silver Sparrow /Jones, Tayari
- How Should a Person Be? /Heti, Sheila
- The Custom of the Country /Wharton, Edith
- Seating Arrangements/ Shipstead, Maggie
- Gone Girl /Flynn, Gillian
- Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) /Young, Moira
- Wolf Hall (Wolf Hall, #1) /Mantel, Hilary
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail /Strayed, Cheryl
- Blueprints for Building Better Girls: Fiction /Schappell, Elissa
- Daughters-in-Law /Trollope, Joanna
- Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12) /Harris, Charlaine
- Shadow Tag /Erdrich, Louise
- Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)/ James, E.L.
- The Temple Of My Familiar /Walker, Alice
- The Wife /Wolitzer, Meg
- Cat’s Eye/ Atwood, Margaret
- Love Marriage: A Novel /Ganeshananthan, V.V.
- The Master Blaster/ Kluge, P.F.
- Death Comes to Pemberley/ James, P.D.
- The Girl Who Fell from the Sky /Durrow, Heidi W.
mother-ash-dirt asked: I love your idea of a "diet" from books written by white men. It really does take a conscious effort to read outside of the white male canon. I think you have just influenced my next few book choices. Thanks! I'll be looking through your list for inspiration.
That is so awesome! Definitely let me know how your reading adventures go. I’ve been meaning to write more about this “diet” and now you’ve inspired me to craft a piece about it. Tumblr rules!